PRODUCT & MARKETING

+++ Skechers has signed up pickleball pro players Tyson McGuffin and Catherine Parenteau

+++ Golf apparel brand William Murray Golf has launched its first women’s collection, which will add to its men’s offering

+++ In celebration of Earth Day, Wilson last week launched of their Earth Day Tennis Racket Series, an eco-conscious collection including three performance rackets featuring bio-based and recycled material from Agiplast technology by Arkema and waterborne paints from Sherwin Williams, ultimately decreasing the footprint of each racket produced

+++ Neymar Jr. is the new global brand ambassador for Next.e.GO Mobile SE, a German independent manufacturer of e-vehicles, and will be involved in a number of initiatives to promote electric mobility and economic growth in Brazil, among other activities

+++ Castore has expanded its partnership with the McLaren Formula 1 team by now including the McLaren SP IndyCar team

+++ Varlion will be the official sponsor of the World Padel Tour’s Brussels Padel Open for 2022

+++ Victoria Beckham has entered the shapewear market with the launch of VB Body

+++ Chinese sportswear brand Hotsuit, founded in 2015 and worn by influencers, celebrities and athletes alike, is launching a new product range featuring Polygiene BioStatic™ antimicrobial technology

+++ Renault is the new premium partner of Roland-Garros as a supplier of electric mobility, providing the French Open tournament with a fleet of 100 Megane E-Tech Electric vehicles +++

 

EXECUTIVE CHANGES

+++ Centric Brands, licensee for more than 100 brands, including Nautica, Spyder and Under Armour in the kid’s category and Timberland and Hunter in the accessories category, has appointed former Li & Fung executive Marc Compagnon as president of Centric Brands Asia based in Hong Kong, reporting to Centric Brands CEO Jason Rabin

+++ Sportswear brand Superdry is strengthening its presence in Europe with the creation of the head of Europe, a position based in Düsseldorf that will be filled from May by former Hugo Boss and Diesel manager Steffen Fredslund, who will report to Kristof Risse, responsible for commercial strategy

+++ Hanna Reichel, formerly head of product strategy, assumes the new role of ”social and environmental impact director” at Gordini +++

 

CORPORATE AND M&A

+++ French e-commerce firm ShowroomPrivé has acquired a 51 percent stake in The Bradery, a French event sales website, for an undisclosed amount, with an option to purchase the remaining 49 percent by 2026 +++

 

RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION

+++ After On Running took control of the business in Spain from its previous distributor of seven years, Siker Sport, through its own, new Barcelona subsidiary in January, the company now plans to add flagship stores to its 350 outlets in the country, according to CMDSport

+++ Meta has announced the opening of its first brick-and-mortar store on May 9 in Burlingame, California, offering VR glasses and eyewear accessories in partnership with Ray Ban +++

 

Click here to access our Short Stops archive.