Globe International is installing solar power arrays at its headquarters in Port Melbourne, Australia, effectively switching away from coal as an energy source. The system – designed and to be installed by Solpod, an Australian company specializing in solar – will consist of about 650 commercial solar panels and should be able to generate an annual 342,000kWh, or about 80 percent of the site’s annual electricity usage. The press release does not say whether the footwear, apparel and skate company will be making up the remaining 20 percent in some other way or cutting back its overall usage, but it does say that the system will be feeding metered electricity to adjacent businesses, among them a mechanics shop, cafés, a barber, a gym and production offices.